Mittwoch, 22. Oktober 2008

New Rose Painting - Heidi Klum Rose


As I promised yesterday in my post I have started today with a new painting of the Heidi Klum Rose.
It needed some time with finding the right composition. This time I will have a lot of sunshine in the painting, especially later on the leaves and in the background.
Hopefully all works so how I want to have it. I think it is always an adventure to start a new painting and later to see the result. Often I am pleased, often I am stunned and often I am disappointed that it turned not so as I wanted to have it. And then I think ... the next painting will be perfect ... the next one. :)

I have done two photos. I was not able to paint very much and I needed to do a photo before it was too dark outside.
In the first one you will see the drawing, the photo is not the best. Sorry for that.
The painting will be around 10"x14" in high format.
I paint on coldpressed 140 Lb Paper from Lanaquarelle (the same quality as Arches) and I paint directly on the block without stretching it. It works perfect.

The Heidi Klum Rose is a very pink/violet Rose. The petals in shadow are having a dark violet/blue colour.
I am using the following colours:
Permanent Rose and Alizarin Crimson for the very warm areas,
Purple Magenta is the "local" colour, which I also add to the warm and to the cool areas
Winsor Violet and a Mix of Purple Magenta for the cool areas and I add Helio Turqouise to this mix, when I want to have it darker. In the areas where are the really darks I am using a mix of Alizarin Crimson/a bit of Purple Magenta/some Winsor Violet and a bit of Sap Green, because these areas are not so cool, so I leave out the Helio Turquoise there.

I must add here, that I am playing with the colours and when the colour is dry I often see, that it looks not completely so as I wanted to have it, so I may go over this area again and then add another colour from the colours above. I also do not always mix on the palette. ON some petals I am now simply wet the area and then drop the colours in which I want to have there and let them mix on the paper.

The leaves will bath in sunshine later. There are leaves which are looking more green and some are looking really blue and for this green/blue I will use the Helio Turquoise. I love this Colour and since I know that I will use it on the leaves I am using it also in the Rose. I simply thought I would try it out.

It also can happen that something doesn't work, or the colours do look terrible, I then always start over to try to make it better. Don't be afraid to play with your colours - I have figured out that often in the beginning it looks so lala and when you go on and see how the flower develops you will be very pleased. When not - start over and try it different again to get the result which you want. I cannot count how often I have started over and over with paintings, if this were flowers, Roses or figurative work. But since I am not afraid about this it makes it much easier and more relaxing to work on a piece and to try things out.

I hope to show soon another step of the Rose how it develops. Hope you find my infos helpful.

See you soon!

Keine Kommentare:

 

.