Montag, 27. Oktober 2008

And the next one ...


I have worked more on this Heidi Klum Rose Painting.
You see I have done a lot of progress and I really love how the painting develops. I only hope that I will also be pleased when it is finished. :)
I have start to add darks to the background. Within all the leaves (there are really many leaves) I think this works the best. The darks have I created with Alizarin Crimson, Phthalo Green, Sap Green, Helio Turquoise, Winsor Violet, Ivory Black (but only mixed together with other colours) and here and there some Indian Yellow.

To integrate the leaves into the background I have at first wet the area, where I wanted to paint the darks around the leave and then I simply moistened my brush with clear water and did wet the edges of the leaves. The result is that the still wet paint of the background runs over the leaves. This avoided hard edges at first and brings the leaves in the background that they are part of it.

I really love the painting - the feeling of a hot summer day. I have only worked with transparent watercolors and have not used any masking fluid. I have painted around the whites.
But I also have to add when you loose some highlights it is always possible to add then maybe a hint of white gouache to save your painting.

See you soon!

Keine Kommentare:

 

.